Monday, November 28, 2011

WELCOME

Welcome to Chubby's Deli. What, you may be asking yourself, is Chubby's Deli? Let me tell you.

Back when I lived in Brooklyn, I had a fairly successful blog called Left in Bay Ridge. It was all about my life in Bay Ridge. My wife worked in Manhattan and I spent my days in Right leaning Bay Ridge. Thus the magnificent play of words on my blog title.

Last year we moved to Studio City, CA - Gateway to the San Fernando Valley. My wife works in Long Beach and I spend my days in Left leaning Studio City. So I started a blog called Left in the Shire.

But it didn't have the same punch. Brooklyn and Studio City are every different. In Brooklyn there is a huge blogging community, all blogging about different neighborhoods. Not so much in Studio City. There isn't that community out here and the neighborhoods have a very different feel.

I became uninspired and didn't feel like writing anything. "Blogging is dead," I kept hearing. Facebook and Twitter became the new way. But I still missed blogging. So why not try something new? Something that might inspire me? Something that's basically the same thing but with a new name?

And thus Chubby's Deli was born. A place where you can get a little bit of this and a little bit of that and on a good day, you can get some fresh sardines.


No comments:

Post a Comment